Anonymous Login
2019-07-24 01:10 UTC

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000027OpenClonkEnginepublic2009-10-14 23:12
ReporterApe 
Assigned ToIsilkor 
PrioritynormalSeverityblockReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionsuspended 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0000027: Segfault on start
DescriptionI downloaded the newest revision and tried to compile it. I first read the README, which told to use autoreconf or ./configure, but I couldn't find the needed files for neither of those. Instead I found out that I could use cmake. So I ran "cmake . && make" and it finished with no errors. Then I tried to run the game with "./clonk" and got "Segmentation fault". I double checked that I had all the dependencies and tried to recompile, but with no luck.
Additional InformationI use Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit with GCC 4.3.3.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
related to 0000026closed Remove StdBuf 
+Relationships

-Notes

~0000058

Ape (reporter)

I tried to use an older revision (r111) and it worked.

~0000059

Ape (reporter)

The problem doesn't exist on r125. Only with the r126.

~0000060

Isilkor (developer)

The problem is a memset(3) that clobbers a C++ class.

~0000061

Ape (reporter)

I downloaded the newest revision (which doesn't work because of this) and reverted the changes from the r126. So I got all the newer changes, but the older StdBuf. It works perfectly.

~0000063

Isilkor (developer)

I've backed out the changeset that made StdBuf inherit from std::string, since these segfaults were introduced by that change. This is only fixing symptoms though, not the cause; I guess somewhere some code overwrites std::string data. I haven't found the root cause of the segfault though, thus resolving this as suspended instead of fixed.
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-07-14 10:25 Ape New Issue
2009-07-14 11:19 Ape Note Added: 0000058
2009-07-14 13:28 Isilkor Relationship added related to 0000020
2009-07-14 13:47 Isilkor Relationship deleted related to 0000020
2009-07-14 13:47 Isilkor Status new => assigned
2009-07-14 13:47 Isilkor Assigned To => Isilkor
2009-07-14 13:49 Ape Note Added: 0000059
2009-07-14 14:20 Isilkor Note Added: 0000060
2009-07-14 19:37 Ape Note Added: 0000061
2009-07-16 02:27 Isilkor Relationship added related to 0000026
2009-07-16 02:28 Isilkor Note Added: 0000063
2009-07-16 02:28 Isilkor Status assigned => resolved
2009-07-16 02:28 Isilkor Resolution open => suspended
2009-10-14 23:12 Isilkor Status resolved => closed
+Issue History